A playful image of a woman surfing a wave on the tip of her surfboard while being covered by a large starfish, by popular Hawaii artist Kris Goto.
Being born and raised in the countryside of Japan, Hawaii-based artist Kris Goto developed an early fascination with the Japanese art form manga, especially the works of artists Hayao Miyazaki, Yuu Watase, Ai Yazawa and Osamu Tezuka. Moving to Hong Kong at the age of nine then spending two years of high school in New Zealand, Kris discovered worlds outside of manga, particularly inspired by the imaginative and intricate art of Maori tattoos which shines through in her detailed monochromatic penwork.
Kris moved to Hawaii in 2006, caught her first wave on a surfboard in 2009 and has been making marks in the surf art world ever since. Find her work displayed at multiple hotels in Waikiki and Chinatown.
We carefully pack and ship most orders in 1-3 weeks, a little longer if framing is included, and tracking information is provided on all orders once the package is shipped.
* Original paintings - may take up to 2-3 weeks to ship (3-4 weeks if custom framed)
* Sculpture - may take up to 2-4 weeks to ship
* Canvas giclee prints - may take up to 3-4 weeks to ship (4-5 weeks if custom framed)
* Resin wood prints - may take up to 2-3 weeks as each print is hand-made to order;
* Fine art watercolor paper giclee prints - with custom framing may take up to 2-3 weeks
* Metal prints - may take up to 2-3 weeks
* Matted paper prints - ship promptly in 4-5 days (2-3 weeks if custom framed)
* Apparel and merchandise - ship promptly in 4-5 days
Tracking information is provided on all orders once the package is shipped.
We cannot ship on customer accounts, for liability (insurance) purposes.
International orders may incur customs/duty fees, which shall be paid by recipient.
Claims for damage – see our FAQ for further questions and answers.