A vibrant image of a paddler in an outrigger canoe amongst the blues of the ocean and a palm tree oasis, by North Shore Oahu artist Christie Shinn.
Christie is a Hawaii-based artist with a passion for surf, travel and design. Forgoing the familiar postcard imagery of Hawaii, Christie captures the everyday beauty of island life with her signature brush work and bright palette. Christie’s work intersects surf culture and modern Hawaiiana, re-imagining the local landscape for a modern audience.
Christie's first painting lessons came from her grandmother who taught her the discipline and joy of making marks on canvas. After graduating university, she spent years traveling the world in search of surf, snow and inspiration. During her travels, she documented her life through art, always striving to better observe the world around her. When she reached Hawaii, the most colorful and vibrant place she had ever seen, she knew she found her home. Ten years later, Christie can be found at her studio in the woods on the North Shore of Oahu happily making marks on canvas.
We carefully pack and ship most orders in 1-3 weeks, a little longer if framing is included, and tracking information is provided on all orders once the package is shipped.
* Original paintings - may take up to 2-3 weeks to ship (3-4 weeks if custom framed)
* Sculpture - may take up to 2-4 weeks to ship
* Canvas giclee prints - may take up to 3-4 weeks to ship (4-5 weeks if custom framed)
* Resin wood prints - may take up to 2-3 weeks as each print is hand-made to order;
* Fine art watercolor paper giclee prints - with custom framing may take up to 2-3 weeks
* Metal prints - may take up to 2-3 weeks
* Matted paper prints - ship promptly in 4-5 days (2-3 weeks if custom framed)
* Apparel and merchandise - ship promptly in 4-5 days
Tracking information is provided on all orders once the package is shipped.
We cannot ship on customer accounts, for liability (insurance) purposes.
International orders may incur customs/duty fees, which shall be paid by recipient.
Claims for damage – see our FAQ for further questions and answers.